Check Us Out!
- Featured story in the Farm Progress magazine – July 2020 [read more]
- Featured story in AOPA PILOT magazine – March 2018
- Featured video story on AOPA Live – February 2018
- Featured cover story of Sportsman’s News magazine – November 2017
- Featured story in the 35th anniversary edition of Sporting Classics magazine – 2016
- Featured cover story of Sportsman’s News magazine – October 2016
- 2014 Brent Wilbur Habitat Award – South Dakota Governor Dennis Daugaard
- Featured as the cover story of Sportsman’s News Magazine – October 2014
- Featured in The Bird Hunting Report – April 2014
- Orvis-endorsed Wing Shooting Lodge
- Host of the SD Annual Governor’s Hunt since 2000.
- Featured on VERSUS Ram Outdoors with Chris Dorsey and Steve Farris 2014
- Featured on Sportsman’s News Television and in Sportsman’s News Magazine 2013
- Featured in Gray’s Sporting Journal August 2012
- Featured on the Outdoor Channel’s Outdoor’s 10 Best – Greatest Hunting Lodges in the World 2011
- Featured in Shooting Sportsman magazine July/August 2010
- Featured on VERSUS World of Beretta with Johnny Disanti 2010
- Featured in the Sportsman’s News 2010 Holiday DVD
- Featured in Gun Dog magazine August 2009
- Featured in Texas Sporting Journal July/August 2009
- Featured in Sportsman’s News in the June and July 2009 issues
- Featured on VERSUS TruckVault’s Xtreme Hunts Fall 2008
- Featured by editor Ralph Stuart in Shooting Sportsman Sep/Oct 2007
- Featured in The Bird Bird Hunting Report Aug 2007
- Featured in The Pointing Dog Journal July/Aug 2007
- Featured in A Wingshooters’ World volume 1, chapter 1 by Steve Smith
- Featured on VERSUS Benelli on Assignment with Joe Coogan and Ralph Stuart
- Featured on VERSUS World of Beretta.
- Featured on VERSUS Beretta’s Bird Hunter’s Journal with Chris Dorsey.
- Featured in Gray’s Sporting Journal Nov/Dec 2006 by Dale Spartas.
- Featured in Sportmans’s News August 2006 and January 2007.
- Host of the 2005 Shooting Sportsman Magazine Readers & Writers Hunt.
- Featured on OLN’s SCI Expedition Safari.
- Featured in the November 2004 issue of Sporting Clays.
- Featured in the October 2004 issue of The Traveling Wing Shooter.
- Featured on OLN’s Benelli’s American Safari.
- Featured on OLN’s Bird Dogs Forever.
- Featured in Rooster! by Dale Spartas, 2003
- Featured in May/June 2003 issue of Shooting Sportsman
- Featured in the May/June 2002 issue of Sporting Classics.
- Featured in the December 2002 issue of The Bird Hunting Report.
“I just wanted to let you all know what a wonderful time I had this past week staying and hunting at your lodge. Tumbleweed certainly is top notch on everything that I experienced and I wanted to say thank you. I do plan to come back again. Thank you for such a great experience.”
“Tumbleweed Lodge has the reputation as one of the premier pheasant destinations in S.D. From its 1st class accommodations to its extensive habitat-management program and high bird numbers, Tumbleweed rates with hunters looking for quality gunning. I truly was impressed by every aspect of Tumbleweed, and you can bet that I’ll be recommending your lodge to anyone looking for a first-class South Dakota pheasant hunt.”
“Thanks again for a great hunt for my friends. Many have never seen South Dakota’s type of landscape and farming. All were impressed by your farm, game, guides, family and great hospitality. Several people on the trip already want to go back next year. Please tell your whole extended family that it is a pleasure to see them all and share their hospitality.”
“Absolutely the finest experience I have had! Please extend my appreciation to the entire support staff. You have truly done it right.”
“The moment you arrive at Tumbleweed you know you’ve come to a special place – a wild place.”
“The fantastic habitat that the lodge goes to great lengths is painstakingly planted with just the right mixture; making it a pheasant paradise. I could actually hear them cackling every morning while lying in bed!”